Gay Friendly Hotels in Athens
A for Athens Hotel 3* Monastiraki Square
A for Athens is the new city design hotel in Athens.
Located just across the Acropolis and above Monastiraki Square, A for Athens offers a truly unique viewing experience to the city’s most famous monument. The hotel is next to Monastiraki station, which serves for easy transportation to and from the Airport and Piraeus Port and sets all the city’s excitements in walking distance.
Indulge yourself in a relaxed and minimalistic environment, in any of our 35 fully equipped rooms, designed by a team of local designers and featuring creations by the city’s best talent.
A for Athens stands for enjoying the essence of Greek hospitality and coming in touch with the hidden treasures of the city. If you are up for experiencing city life to the full, this is the place for you.
Each of the 35 rooms is comfortable and elegantly designed, with a contemporary greek twist and an attention to detail. At A for Athens there are no extravagant luxuries, but you will get a view to the Acropolis even while you take your shower or ideas on places to visit while in your room.
Choose one of the room types, Wide View or Homy, for more information and room facilities.
Face to face to the Acropolis.
On our top floor, we created an urban terrace, with the most stunning view to the Acropolis, Plaka and Monastiraki Square. An ideal place to have your breakfast in the morning or enjoy our house special cocktails at night. Minimal design is set to enhance your viewing experience and our menu is created with special care, with emphasis on local and healthy ingredients.
25 s.m, Wide view to Acropolis, Soft and calm design that enhances your viewing experience, Safe, Air Conditioning, Sofa, Work Desk, Heating, Hardwood/ Parquet floors, Hairdryer, Bathroom Amenities, Toilet, Bathroom, Slippers,Shower, Satellite TV, LCD /Plasma /Flat-screen TV, Minibar, Wake Up Service/Alarm Clock, Direct dial phone, Double glazing windows, Electronic door locks, Electronic smoke detector, Iron and Board (On request), Design objects by contemporary Greek designers.
Suitable for 1, 2 or 3 adults.
Rooms Basis 1/1-31/12/2017 Single BB 109 Double BB 131 Triple BB 147 Quadruple BB 164 Single Acropolis View BB 121 Double Acropolis View BB 147 Triple Acropolis View BB 164 Quadruple Acropolis View BB 191
Arion Resort, Spa & Bungalows 5* Vouliagmenis Beach
- Arion Resort & Spa, Astir Palace Beach Athens is set on a private beach near Vouliagmeni Lake. The 5-star hotel offers 7 restaurants, a spa and a pool with panoramic terrace.
Overlooking the Saronic Gulf, the elegant rooms and bungalows of the Arion Resort & Spa enjoy privileged views to the sea, garden or to the marina. Standard amenities include satellite and Pay TV, a laptop safe and a minibar.
An American breakfast buffet is served each morning in the Alia Brasserie. The best of the Mediterranean cuisine is on offer at the hotel’s gourmet restaurants and atmospheric sea-view bars. The property provides 24-hour room service.
The Arion Spa features an indoor heated pool, sauna and a steam room. A personal trainer is available at the fitness centre. Beauty services are also provided.
This Vouliagmeni property is located on the outskirts of Athens, a 20-minute drive from the centre. An airport shuttle can be arranged upon request and at a surcharge. Complimentary shuttle service to and from the Athens City Centre and Glyfada shopping district is provided. Free parking is possible on site.
Vouliagmeni is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, nightlife and friendly people.
- Outdoors: Outdoor pool, Garden, Terrace, Sun terrace
Activities: Tennis court, Golf course (within 3 km). Table tennis, Windsurfing, Water sport facilities (on site), Sauna, Fitness Centre, Spa and wellness Centre, Massage, Hot tub, Hamman, Private beach area, Indoor pool (all year), Beachfront, Children’s playground
Food & Drink: Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast in the room, Snack bar
Internet: Wired internet is available in the hotel rooms and charges are applicable, Wi-Fi is available in public areas and charges are applicable.
Parking: Free! Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
Services: Room service, Car hire, Shuttle service (free), 24-hour front desk, Express check-in/check-out, Currency exchange, Tour desk, Luggage storage, ATM/cash machine on site, Concierge service, Babysitting/child services, Laundry, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Shoeshine, Trouser press, Daily house cleaner service, Meeting/banquet facilities, Business Centre, Fax/photocopying, Barber/beauty shop, Gift shop, Bridal suite.
At Arion Resort & Spa, you can retreat to a total of 123 guestrooms and suites that are spacious, elegant and filled with opulence. Individual design traits pay homage to our surroundings – a unique opportunity for those wishing to truly experience our culture.
In addition to guestrooms and suites, 58 newly renovated bungalows offer the ultimate in privacy and privileged services for our guests.
Deluxe Room: Featuring contemporary but elegant style furnishing and decor, our Deluxe Rooms offer great conveniences for leisure and business travellers.
- 280 Square Feet / 26 Square Meters
- Bedding type: King size
- Garden Views
Deluxe Suite: Characterized by opulence and contemporary convenience, Deluxe Suites—with separate sitting room and bedroom—are discreetly indulgent, providing an unforgettable home-away-from-home. Boasting private balconies with incandescent views of the cobalt sea, they guarantee an exceptional stay.
- Separate Sitting Room
- Saronic Gulf Views
- Steam Bath
- Welcome amenity
- Complimentary in-room high speed Internet access
Bungalows: Our relaxing and indulgent Bungalow experience begins with an inimitable view of the Saronic Gulf, lush hills, and the resort’s secluded private beach. Nestled in our verdant gardens, these fully renovated buildings offer complete privacy and serenity.
- Saronic Gulf Views
- Private Pool (Select Bungalows)
- Wooden Deck on Veranda
Rooms Basis 1/3-30/4 1-29/5 15/9-31/12 30/5-14/9 Single Deluxe BB 127 187 292 Double Deluxe BB 154 215 319 Single Grand Deluxe Garden View BB 157 215 324 Double Grand Deluxe Garden View BB 184 242 351 Single Grand Deluxe Sea View BB 215 275 380 Double Grand Deluxe Sea View BB 242 303 407 Bungalow Single Garden View BB 281 341 385 Bungalow Double Garden View BB 308 369 413 Bungalow Single Sea View BB 506 528 556 Bungalow Double Sea View BB 534 556 583 Bungalow Single Sea View With Pool BB 578 600 633 Bungalow Double Sea View With Pool BB 605 627 660
Arion Hotel 3* – Monastiraki Área – Athens
Arion Athens Hotel is a modern, city centre hotel, a 2-minute walk from Monastiraki Metro Station and a minute walk from Psiri. It features bright, stylish rooms and a rooftop garden with stunning Acropolis view.
The 3-star hotel offers contemporary rooms with luxurious marble bathrooms, wooden floors, doubled-glazed, soundproofed windows and fire doors. A number of the rooms also feature a balcony or large windows with Acropolis view.
A rich English buffet breakfast is served on the mezzanine floor, between 7:30 and 10:30 in the morning and includes hot and cold delicacies, coffee, tea, juices, cereal, yogurt and much more.
The hotel’s extremely convenient location provides easy access to the Monastiraki Flea Market, Plaka, Thiseion, as well as Syntagma Square.
The hotel has a large lobby and a reception which remains open 24 hours a day. The staff are at hand all day, providing guests with information about the city, sightseeing, transportation, excursions.
- 51 smoke-free guestrooms
- Room service
- In-room childcare
- 24-hour front desk
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Car rentals on site
- Computer station
- Front desk safe
- Laundry service
- Multilingual staff
- In Monastiraki
- Ancient Agora (0.4 mi / 0.6 km)
- Roman Agora (0.5 mi / 0.8 km)
- Monastiraki Flea Market (0.3 mi / 0.4 km)
- Hellenic Parliament (0.7 mi / 1.2 km)
- Syntagma Square (0.7 mi / 1.2 km)
Two single beds, with a detachable third bed
•Full air condition
•Double-glass soundproof windows
•Marble bathrooms with shower/bathtub
Rooms Basis 1/11/15 -31/03/2016 1/4-31/10 Single BB 57 81 Double BB 70 92 Triple BB 96 114 Quadruple BB 120 140
Athens Plaza 5*, Athens Center
With a prestigious location in Syntagma Square and stunning Acropolis views, this 5-star downtown Athens hotel features a trendy restaurant and spacious guest rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows.
The NJV Athens Plaza Classic rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated. Many guest rooms face Syntagma Square, the Acropolis and Stadiou Street. All of the rooms are soundproofed and feature free WiFi.
The Parliament gourmet restaurant specialises in Mediterranean cuisine, and enjoys a view to Stadiou Street. The Plaza Lounges offer an excellent variety of coffees and desserts. In the intimate wood-panelled surroundings of the Explorer’s Lounge, guests can enjoy the atmosphere of old Athenian clubs, while sipping cocktails and tasting snacks. A breakfast and happy-hour drinks are available.
Business guests will find 3 conference rooms with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment and a 24-hour business centre with high-speed Internet access.
The Athens Plaza is only 50 metres from Syntagma Metro Station and a short walk to the Benaki Museum. At about 5 minutes on foot from NJV Athens Plaza, the elegant neighbourhood of Kolonaki allures with its haute couture boutiques, gourmet restaurants and trendy cafes.
- 162 guestrooms and 18 luxurious suites
- Connecting rooms and suites upon request
- Stunning views of Syntagma Square, Acropolis, Voukourestiou and Stadiou Streets
- A luxury service restaurant
- On-site British style bar
- An all day café
- Conference halls offering 300 sq. meters of space, with flexible layouts and maximum capacity for 350 people
- Lobby area
- Elevators for guests and luggage
- Luggage storage
- Bell boy services
- Late check-out and early check-in
- 24-hour room service
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Express garnment pressing service
- Non-Smoking and Smoking rooms
- Social events, conferences and meeting planning assistance
- Friendly multilingual staff
- 24-hour reception
- Smart TV in all rooms and suites
- Free High-speed Wi-Fi Internet connection
- American-style buffet breakfast and Greek traditional buffet breakfast choices
- Information services and available advice on what to see and do
- Car and luxurious vehicle rental service (with or without a driver)
- Secretarial support between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Fully-equipped business center (PC with internet connection, fax, photocopier, printer)
- Privileged access and discount rates to Holmes Place Athens Club and Spa, the most luxurious health club in the city
Reataurants & Bars:
Located on the mezzanine floor of the NJV Athens Plaza, The Parliament Restaurant offers guests views of vibrant Stadiou Street and the classy pedestrian Voukourestiou Street. This newly renovated dining venue provides guests with a luxurious dining service during their stay.
Elegant and sophisticated, The Parliament Restaurant features cozy armchairs, soft lighting, transparent curtains and surrounding mirrors that create a warm ambiance. In the early hours of the morning, guests can enjoy a rich American-style buffet breakfast of hot and cold dishes, teas, coffees, pastries and fresh natural juices. For all our guests who wish to experience the Greek healthy way, we invite them to taste as well all the delicious authentic choices of our Greek Buffet breakfast.
At lunch and dinner, a personalized service is offered, as well as an affordable menu of delicious Mediterranean cuisine made with fresh ingredients. Our attractive menu includes an assortment of mouthwatering recipes created with modern-style cooking techniques, as well as fresh salads, seafood and decadent desserts.
Known as one of the best restaurants downtown Athens, the NJV Athens Plaza Hotel’s Parliament Restaurant, also has an extensive collection of fine wines that can be paired up with any of our delicious dishes.
The NJV Athens Plaza is proud to introduce the lava stone roasting technique, which allows guests to experience their choice of seafood or meat, cooked to their satisfaction on a lava stone at their table.
- Complimentary high-speed Internet access
- Soundproof walls
- Single or double beds available
- Courtyard view
- Air conditioning
- Direct dial telephone with voice mail service
- Satellite TV with cable channels
- Electronic safe (laptop size)
- Marble bathrooms with telephone
- Bath tub with shower
- Designer brand bathroom amenities
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Daily maid service
Rooms Basis 01/11/16-30/4/17 1/5-31/10 Single Classic BB 143 153 Double Classic BB 153 164 Single Superior BB 164 175 Double Superior BB 175 186 Triple Superior BB 197 208 Single Deluxe Acropolis View BB 208 219 Double Deluxe Acropolis View BB 219 230 Triple Deluxe Acropolis View BB 240 252 Junior Suite BB 361 383
Athens Was 4*- Athens
- AthensWas was created to delight visitors who want to experience Athens’ tranquil, attractive side, in what has been the heart of the city since ancient times.
- AthensWas is a hotel which literally lives in the city’s history and enjoys it with an “epicurean composure” all of its own. But the hotel is also representative of the most contemporary and international side of the Greek capital, which looks ahead to the future with unbridled optimism.
- AthensWas is a Design HotelTM and it is designed in line with the core principles of classical modernism. The aesthetic of its rooms and communal spaces is defined by clean, uncluttered lines and natural materials—chiefly Greek marble and wood. Still, it leaves the eye with an impression which dances clear of the pretentious, gracing the luxury with delightfully deft touches which can often be described as playful. The end result is warm spaces in which the visitor feels utterly at home from the moment they walk through the door—the best possible recipe for a calm and restful stay.
- Meeting space and business center
- Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner à la carte (also served in your room)*
- Pillow menu
- Mini Gym
- 24-hour Front desk service / Departures and Arrivals beyond usual time (upon request)
- Room Service daily from 07:00-23:00
- Accepted credit cards: Visa, Master, Amex*Breakfast time: 07:00-11:00
Lunch time: 12:00-17:00
Dinner time: 18:00-23:00
Various optional services available on arrangement
- Limousine or taxi services from Athens airport to the port of Piraeus
- Helicopter flights to the islands
- Car rental
- Secretarial assistance
- Child and baby care (upon request)
- Laundry service
- Guided tours of the city as well as day-trips outside Athens
- Car parking
It is small but quite charming and very pleasant! Above all, it is very functional. The mini gym at the AthensWas has whatever is required to keep someone in good shape during his or her stay in Athens and is available to our guests free of charge.
Elegant, light, cheerful and carefree, the Modern Restaurant is one of the most pleasant and beloved spaces of AthensWas. The magnificent marble floor, the mimosas in the attractive atrium, but also the incredibly comfortable Luisa chairs at the tables – 1950 design, by the great Italian designer Franco Albini and produced by the renowned Cassina company – are just some of the main elements that make up the setting, which promises to satisfy even the most demanding guests. If we add to this the matching stylistic attention to detail of the art de la table, with accessories designed by designers like Ettore Sottsas, Mario Botta and Michael Graves, and also our staff, who take real care of our restaurant guests, with immense attention and discretion, we have the perfect stage setting, in which, as principal actor, the select and eclectic cuisine of the Modern Restaurant will shine. On the menu of the Modern Restaurant one will find dishes that are considered international. However, the restaurant’s cuisine is mainly Greek. It is also very proud of the high quality and exceptionally tasty raw materials it uses.
The Greek dishes in the Modern Restaurant veer from the strictly traditional in the way the recipes are carried out. They leap beyond the ordinary and allow inspiration play a refining role, with the aim of satisfying every palate, mainly that of the connoisseur. In the Modern Restaurant, traditional Greek cuisine, without renouncing its simplicity, is transformed into high gastronomy and offers unique delights on many levels. So, this makes it a very special experience.
TASTE OUR COCKTAILS ESPECIALLY MADE WITH A GREEK TOUCH
In the bar of the Modern Restaurant one can find a very wide variety of alcoholic drinks, liqueurs and cocktails, as well as a very appealing list of wines, most of which are Greek and aim to delight the connoisseur. Equally impressive is the choice of chocolate and coffee beverages, among which is the famous Kopi Luwak coffee from the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. However, the unquestionable stars on our list of drinks, wines and beverages are the four signature cocktails of the hotel which will be forever etched on the memories of those who try them: the Athens Marathon, the Golden Century, the Parthenon’s Glow and the Olympic Spirit. Their ingredients remain a guarded secret, but we can divulge that in each of them the defining taste comes from an authentic Greek drink, such as the mastic liqueur or ouzo and so many others! The signature cocktails of Athens Was are exceptionally light and refreshing and are an ideal choice for those who wish to gaze out over the rooftop terrace of the hotel with its stunning view of the Acropolis and the city of Athens.
Ideal for business & pleasure.
Comfortable 26m2/280 ft2 room. Ideal for business travellers. Our Classic Rooms have a small veranda with a jardinière. Inside, there is a work table and a double bed, with room for an additional single bed, if required. Our Classic Rooms are elegantly furnished and equipped with a luxurious bathroom and fittings.
Room for two / View over the courtyard / Small veranda.Fully sound-proofed / curtains and black-out blinds / Pillow menu / Hypoallergenic pillows and mattresses available on request / Luxurious hygiene and grooming products / Twice-daily cleaning / Mini-bar / Safe / Direct phone line and voice mail / High-fidelity sound system / HD LED television / High-speed wired and wireless internet access / Daily newspapers
Rooms Basis 01/11-31/3 01/4-31/10 Single Classic BB 164 181 Double Classic BB 181 197 Single Deluxe BB 197 246 Double Deluxe BB 213 262 Suite Residence Single BB 230 278 Suite Residence Double BB 246 295 Athens Was Suite Single BB 366 421 Athens Was Suite Double BB 383 437
Fresh Hotel 4* – Close to Omonia Square – Athens
- In the heart of Athens, Fresh Hotel is a stylish, urban resort,with unconventional atmosphere, cool and thoughtful service. With simple lines and vivid colours in a minimalist, sleekly designed sanctuary, the Hotel surrounds guests in absolute calm. Come to play in 133 rooms, suites and executive rooms of subtle luxury. Slip into something comfortable for a late-night cocktail at the Air Lounge roof bar, the smoothest place to chill under the stars of the Athens sky. The joy of life takes on a new meaning at the Fresh Hotel.
Located on the 1st floor – Operates daily from 06:30 am until 10:30 am and serves American Buffet Breakfast. Magenta restaurant makes morning a joy and gives the energy needed to start your day. Special care has been given to the breakfast and amenities comprising an on the spot orange squishing machine, a special light corner for guests on a diet or healthy eating, and a wide variety of products.
Air Lounge Bar
The Air Lounge bar & restaurant with its great view to the Acropolis, make up more than enough luxurious distractions to fill the day. The restaurant has been re- launched under our Executive chef that features fragrant, sophisticated Greek and Mediterranean cuisine and a full diary of special entertainment events & surprise happenings that will keep the excitement Fresh.
Located on the rooftop (9th floor) next to the pool. Operates daily 10:00 a.m -02:00 a.m
- 22 sq. m. of subtle luxury, twin or double queen size bed, high speed internet connection, wireless internet connection, air conditioning, design fittings, elegant colourful environment, city view of graphic streets of Athens. Sleeps 2 adults and one child in armchair. Connecting rooms for family with two children
Rooms Basis 01/11/16-31/03/17 01-30/4 01/7-31/8 01/5-30/6 01/9-31/10 Single BB 74 96 102 Double BB 87 112 118 Double + extra Bed BB 107 138 143 Suite BB 219 263 269 Family BB 162 206 213
Plaka Hotel 3* Plaka- Athens
- Hotel Plaka, three star, is an excellent choice for a demanding client, in a terrific location. 15th. minutes walk from Syntagma square.
Acropolis, museums, Parliament, shopping area of Plaka and Ermou street, the Athens Cathedral are all on your door step from the hotel.
You are really in the heart of Athens, in the best location.
From the roof top you can enjoy a breathtaking view of Acropolis, and Plaka area. The hotel was renovated in 2011.
- The colorful restaurant at Plaka hotel offers a rich breakfast for a nice start of your day before exploring Athens with: scrambled and hard boiled eggs, ham, sausages, cheese, selection of serials, yogurt with honey, fresh fruits of the season, fruit salad, compote, croissants, cakes, home made jams etc. There is as well a Greek corner with feta cheese, olives, pies etc. Breakfast room is open from 07.00 – 10.00 hrs. The night shift can accommodate you on an early check out.
The roof terrace of Plaka hotel has a roof garden with a superb view to the Acropolis, the old city of Plaka, Monastiraki area, Ancient Agora and Lycabettus hill. From May to October you can enjoy your drink and a light snack on the roof garden bar open 18.00-23.30 hrs ( weather allowing).
If you want to connect to the Internet, there is an Internet corner with a printer on the first floor lounge open 24 hours. We offer also free Wi-Fi.
Our receptionist can help you with travel services in Greece and organize sightseeing and day trips around Athens.
In addition there is possibility for:
Doctor on call, laundry service,post service, parking at an extra cost nearby, baby sitting.
Bath AmenitiesBathroom with ShowerCable-Satellite TVCentral HeatingClosetDaily Maid ServiceDirect dial telephoneElectronic LocksGuest LaundryHairdryerIndividually Controlled Air ConditionIron & Ironing Board (on request)Modern FurnishingMusicNon-smoking rooms availableRefrigeratorRoom Service (07:00-19:00)Safe Deposit BoxSoundproof WindowsWake-up CallFree Wi-FiWriting Desk
Rooms Basis 01/11/16-06/4/17 07-27/4 28/4-31/10 Single BB 57 72 88 Double BB 61 77 104 Triple BB 77 92 119 Double Supirior BB 86 112 181 Double Acropolis bb 136 160 190 Famili BB 150 205 223
936total visits,1visits today